Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Some of you may know -- finding a job here has been a bit of a struggle.  I don't know why I thought that picking up and moving to another country to work would be like a slightly-uphill-yet-still-lovely walk in the park, but that hasn't quite been the case.  In actuality, it has been like...well...picking up and moving to another country.  Hahaha.  My supplanted butt and thoughts didn't seem to belong here.  Things weren't quite working out the way I had hoped, and the jobs teaching english didn't seem to be a good fit because nobody wanted someone who was going to be peacing in a few months.  Fair enough.

Basically, after two solids weeks, I am still jobless.

Rather than get discouraged, I decided I had to refocus and hustle a bit more.  There had to be plenty of part-time and odd jobs that I could do to in order to get that chedda and support my peripatetic lifestyle.  Thus, I scoured the ex-pat website for jobs that were catered towards English speakers.  Mind you, most of these were for various teaching/tutoring, pt and ft positions at schools, centers, and corporations.  Nevertheless, some random jobs also fell in the mix in the fields of acting, entertainment, and writing.

Once position in particular caught my eye.  It basically guaranteed five g's for about a weekend's worth of work, but it merely said contact so and so for more info via e-mail.  I know, I know... kinda vague description.  Sounds a bit shady.  However, I was on a mission.  I pin-pointed about five to six companies that evening and decided to go out on an all out resume blitz, and to be quite on honest, five g's was just too much money not to at least ask, "What is the nature of this position?".  I hadn't heard back from anywhere in couple days, but lo and behold!!!  I received the following response to the five thousand dollar question:

"Basically I have a client with whom I have worked several times in the past that is looking for a woman or group of women to tie him up and be mean to him and refuse to let him go until their financial demands have been met.  He is not looking for nudity or sex or anything like that.  I know it sounds odd, but he is willing tno pay quite a bit."

I almost fell out of my chair laughing because I WAS NOT expecting that e-mail to make it's way into my inbox.  The best part was that I happened to be sitting in the library of an elementary school at the time.  Yeah!  C'mon over kiddies!  Today, we're going to learn what a sexual proposition looks like via e-mail.  Hahaha!  Classic.  

Moral of the story: My love does cost a thing.  And it sure costs a hell of a lot more than five g's.  :)

....and yes, I will be looking for other jobs, thanks.  

3 comments:

  1. awesome. welcome to the motherland!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he don't want your love, just wants you to tie him up. :) haha u have great stories

    ReplyDelete